DUE TO COVID-19, IN PERSON SERVICES, GATHERINGS ARE ON HOLD. CHECK THE CHURCH FACEBOOK PAGE FOR LIVE SERVICES AND UPDATES. You do not have to have a facebook account to view: https://www.facebook.com/Bucksport-United-Methodist-Church-197566973608120/
GO LIGHT YOUR WORLD!
Reaching Out~Offering Hope~Giving God the Glory
To serve the spiritual needs of our community.
To help build a better community.
To help as we are able in the wider circle of the world.
Reaching people with the Message of Christ, helping those in need,
nurturing and building up people’s faith.
Follow Us on facebook for upcoming events; photos; and live and archived Sunday services: https://www.facebook.com/Bucksport-United-Methodist-Church-197566973608120/
Church Office: 469-3622 Office Hours Tues, Thurs 9-2
Mailing: PO Box 1727 Bucksport, ME 04416 /Bucksportumc@aol.com
WEEKLY SERVICES and GATHERINGS- CURRENTLY ONLINE
Sunday- Worship Service at 10:30 a.m. on facebook and gotomeeting
Wednesday- Bible Teaching Service at 6:30p.m on facebook and gotomeeting
Go To Meeting (Sunday):
GoToMeeting Wednesday Night Bible Study: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/275091413
Please pass along to those without internet ability/computer access that parking on Franklin Street on Sunday morning will still get you the message and service on FM Radio. You JUST CAN NOT COME IN TO THE BUILDING OR LEAVE YOUR CAR TO VISIT!
postponed-Men’s Fellowship Breakfast /Meeting 8:00am Third Saturday
**Check for updates on our facebook page (page is public, no account needed to view) _______________________________________________________
We have a great congregation of helpers and there are LOTS of opportunities for service! Please consider which of these ways you can help and/or suggest another opportunity:
-bake for a bake sale
-help with Good News Shoes
-help plan and/or plant the memorial garden
-be a Sunday parking assistant/ usher/ greeter/ fellowship attendant / nursery attendant/ children’s church helper/ leader of a week of children’s church/ bring a fellowship dish or monthly bday cake
-help plan an event at church
-provide in-home communion
UNITED METHODISTS BELIEVE
Summarized by Bishop Kenneth L. Carder
WE BELIEVE in the Trinity-Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
• God the Father/Creator, who brings creation into existence, upholds and reveals the ways of life that make for peace and wholeness, and ever works to heal and transform life through the power of love.
• God the Son, Jesus Christ, the firstborn of a new creation who through his life, death and Resurrection saves us and all creation from the power of sin and death.
• God the Holy Spirit, who comforts, sustains, guides and empowers us to participate in God’s life and mission in the world.
WE BELIEVE every person is a beloved child of God.
• Whom God created in God’s divine image, with inherent worth and dignity.
• Who confronts and suffers the distorting and destructive effects of sin in the life.
• Whom God has reconciled in the life, death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. defeating the powers of sin and death.
• Whom God seeks to make holy and whole, through the presence of the Holy Spirit, transforming us into Christlikeness.
WE BELIEVE in the Church as the community called to be instruments of God’s presence and coming reign in Jesus Christ.
• Where people worship God joyfully, proclaim God’s Word faithfully and share the sacraments of baptism and Holy Communion.
• Where all people are welcomed and nurtured as God’s sons and daughters.
• Where people are initiated into Christ’s body and nurtured toward Christian maturity through worship, prayer, study, fellowship and service.
• Where the light of God’s love, justice ans peace exposes and overrules evil, injustice, and sin.
• Where we participate in God’s mission of inviting, preparing and enlisting disciples of Jesus Christ to transform the world and to follow the risen Christ, in the power of the Holy Spirit, into the hurting places of the wold and among the outcasts and the forgotten.
WE BELIEVE the Bible reveals the Word of God.
• Authoritative in matters of faith and practice.
• Containing the story of God’s mighty acts of salvation in creation, in faithful engagement with people through the ages and supremely in Jesus Christ.
• The primary source of understanding the nature and purposes of God.
• Interpreted in the power of the Holy Spirit present in the community of faith.
WE BELIEVE in the final triumph of God’s reign of compassion, justice, generosity and peace.
• Anticipating the first fruits made possible today through the power of the Spirit and the reign of Christ.
• Discovering a renewed creation where sin, suffering, and death are overcome and God’s victory is complete.
• Celebrating with all the faithful who are raised to live eternally in God’s loving presence.
• Extending God’s love to the whole creation, with God’s mercy redeeming all of God’s works, all that God loves.