Mark your calendar! Come one and all!
Blessing and Consecration for our new church will take place on Pentecost Sunday, June 9.
***Note Different Service Time for JUNE 9***
8:30am Choir practice in Chapel
9:00am Hymn & Praise Singing
10:00am Blessing & Consecration Service
11:30am Celebration Dinner
Visit our facebook page for updates this spring as the schedule will change in May.
Reaching Out~Offering Hope~Giving God the Glory
To serve the spiritual needs of our community.
To help build a better community.
To help as we are able in the wider circle of the world.
Reaching people with the Message of Christ, helping those in need,
nurturing and building up people’s faith.
Follow Us on facebook for upcoming events; photos; and live and archived Sunday services:https://www.facebook.com/Bucksport-United-Methodist-Church-197566973608120/
Church Office: 469-3622 / PO Box 1727 Bucksportumc@aol.com
Office hours: Mon-Thu 4-7pm/ and Tues 9-2
Sunday Morning Worship Service at 10:30a.m. with Children’s church.
Wednesday Evening Bible Teaching Service at 6:30p.m – Franklin St.
Wednesday Morning Home Bible Study with Assoc. Pastor Rose Krienke at 10:00am at her home 24 Castine Road, in Orland.
On Hold: Second Saturday Public Breakfast Buffet
Check back for updates here and on our facebook page.
Monday: Christian Music Step Aerobics at 6:00pm
Tuesday: Knit/Crochet Prayer Shawl* Group at 6:00pm
Wednesday: Home Lectionary Bible Study w/ Assoc. Pastor Rose at 10:00am (24 Castine Road, Orland)
Bible Teaching Service at 6:00 p.m.
Thursday: Christian Music Step Aerobics at 6:00pm
3rd Sat- Men’s Fellowship Breakfast /Mtg- 8:00am
Monthly Bake Sale at Jerry’s Hardware 9am-1pm JUNE 15
AA Meeting at 7:00pm
*What is a prayer shawl? Compassion and the love of knitting/crocheting have been combined into a prayerful ministry and spiritual practice which reaches out to those in need of comfort and solace, as well as in celebration and joy. Many blessings are prayed into every stitch.
Shawls can be used for: undergoing medical procedures; as a comfort in times of stress; during bereavement; prayer or meditation; marriage ceremonies; birthing, nursing a baby; during an illness and recovery; graduation, birthday, anniversary, ordination, holiday gifts.
We have a great congregation of helpers and there are LOTS of opportunities for service! Please consider which of these ways you can help and/or suggest another opportunity:
-bake for a bake sale
-help with Good News Shoes
-help plan and/or plant the memorial garden
-be a Sunday parking assistant/ usher/ greeter/ fellowship attendant / nursery attendant/ children’s church helper/ leader of a week of children’s church/ bring a fellowship dish or monthly bday cake
-help plan Bay Festival float / booth and/or event at church
-provide in-home communion
UNITED METHODISTS BELIEVE
Summarized by Bishop Kenneth L. Carder
WE BELIEVE in the Trinity-Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
• God the Father/Creator, who brings creation into existence, upholds and reveals the ways of life that make for peace and wholeness, and ever works to heal and transform life through the power of love.
• God the Son, Jesus Christ, the firstborn of a new creation who through his life, death and Resurrection saves us and all creation from the power of sin and death.
• God the Holy Spirit, who comforts, sustains, guides and empowers us to participate in God’s life and mission in the world.
WE BELIEVE every person is a beloved child of God.
• Whom God created in God’s divine image, with inherent worth and dignity.
• Who confronts and suffers the distorting and destructive effects of sin in the life.
• Whom God has reconciled in the life, death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. defeating the powers of sin and death.
• Whom God seeks to make holy and whole, through the presence of the Holy Spirit, transforming us into Christlikeness.
WE BELIEVE in the Church as the community called to be instruments of God’s presence and coming reign in Jesus Christ.
• Where people worship God joyfully, proclaim God’s Word faithfully and share the sacraments of baptism and Holy Communion.
• Where all people are welcomed and nurtured as God’s sons and daughters.
• Where people are initiated into Christ’s body and nurtured toward Christian maturity through worship, prayer, study, fellowship and service.
• Where the light of God’s love, justice ans peace exposes and overrules evil, injustice, and sin.
• Where we participate in God’s mission of inviting, preparing and enlisting disciples of Jesus Christ to transform the world and to follow the risen Christ, in the power of the Holy Spirit, into the hurting places of the wold and among the outcasts and the forgotten.
WE BELIEVE the Bible reveals the Word of God.
• Authoritative in matters of faith and practice.
• Containing the story of God’s mighty acts of salvation in creation, in faithful engagement with people through the ages and supremely in Jesus Christ.
• The primary source of understanding the nature and purposes of God.
• Interpreted in the power of the Holy Spirit present in the community of faith.
WE BELIEVE in the final triumph of God’s reign of compassion, justice, generosity and peace.
• Anticipating the firstfruits made possible today through the power of the Spirit and the reign of Christ.
• Discovering a renewed creation where sin, suffering, and death are overcome and God’s victory is complete.
• Celebrating with all the faithful who are raised to live eternally in God’s loving presence.
• Extending God’s love to the whole creation, with God’s mercy redeeming all of God’s works, all that God loves.